During the Intake Process:
- Your belongings will be thoroughly checked.
- Any articles deemed inappropriate by staff will be kept secure until your departure, or returned to your place of residence.
- All electrical items, (hair dryers and curling irons) will be checked for safety before you may access them.
Following the Intake Process:
- You will be examined by our nursing and medical staff.
What to Wear
Appropriate attire includes:
- Jeans or casual slacks
- Sport shirts
- Skirts and dresses (knee length or longer)
- Appropriate length shorts
Please do not over pack.
More than one suitcase and one carry-on-size bag will be turned away upon your arrival. At our discretion, items may be shipped to your home at your expense. This includes items on the “What to Leave at Home” list.
What to Leave at Home:
- Purses, knapsacks and backpacks
- Food and/or beverages
- Over-the-counter medications
- All dietary supplements, salves, creams and ointments
- Drug paraphernalia
- Vehicle keys (if you drive yourself, these will be secured upon admission)
- Recreational reading materials (magazines, books, novels, game books, etc.)
- Journals with writing in them (blank ones are fine)
- Laundry detergent, fabric softener or bleach
- Pillows and blankets
- Any product that has alcohol as the first or second ingredient (if the first ingredient is water, then alcohol cannot be one of the first three ingredients)
The following toiletries:
- No aerosol containers (hairspray, deodorant, etc.)
- Mouthwash (non-alcohol is ok)
- Hand sanitizer
- Self-tanning lotion
- Body spray, cologne, aftershave, perfume
- Travel size toiletries with no ingredients listed
- Flushable wipes
- Hair dye
The following clothing:
- Tank tops (ok with cover-up or layering)
- Halter tops
- Clothing that depicts tobacco products, alcohol, drugs or sex
- Clothing with inappropriate language or slang
- Short shorts
- Running shorts
Electronics and accessories:
- Cell phones, pagers, chargers, iPads, laptops, tablets, etc.
- Electronic games
- Radios of any kind (clock radios, iPods, MP3 players, etc.)
- Straight razors or double-sided razor blades
- Photos that have people with explicit or skimpy clothing or that contain alcohol, drugs or tobacco products
- Sports or exercise equipment
- Sexual devices, including condoms
- Candles or incense
- Weapons, guns, knives, mace or pepper spray
- Cameras, camcorders or audio equipment
- Shoe polish
- Knitting needles, crochet hooks
- Musical instruments
- Space heaters
- Vaping products (e-cigarettes, JUUL, vape pens, etc.)
- CBD oil or related products
- Clothing iron or steamer
- Flashlights, night lights, etc.
- Anything more that will not fit into one suitcase and a carry on size bag.
Other Items to Bring:
Limit to 1 (one) suitcase and 1 (one) carry-on-size bag (no backpacks, knapsacks or purses)
- Insurance card
- Picture ID
- Phone cards
Suggested clothing for the Wellness Program:
- Sweatpants/shorts (knee length or longer)
- Tennis shoes/hiking boots (for walking and hiking)
- Loose-fitting T-shirts
- Limited amount of comfortable, wash and wear clothing (Laundry facilities, including supplies, are available for patient use. Iron and ironing boards are also available.)
- Bras are required attire for women.
- Bathing suit (women’s must be a one-piece)
- A lightweight jacket or sweater (year-round)
- Heavy/winter coat (winter months)
- Leggings may be worn only with a shirt/blouse that reaches mid-thigh in length