When you don’t know how to deal with the disease, you or other family members can contribute to its progressive dysfunction. This is exactly why Pavillon has a long-standing philosophy of offering, and strongly encouraging, support and education for families of addicted individuals.
Additionally, your loved one’s behavior changes after treatment, which also affects your family. When you learn to properly support your family member, you can ease your own suffering and promote total family healing.
Our Purpose and Promise to You
Pavillon’s Family Program is in place to:
- Educate families and mental health professionals about addiction and how it affects relationships
- Empower your family to define your needs and initiate your recovery process
- Help you learn how to support your loved one in truly helpful ways as he or she continues in recovery
- Provide an understanding of the approach to treatment
- Rebuild relationships and develop new attitudes and directions
The Benefits of Our 4-Day Family Session
Together, you can:
- Gain deeper knowledge of the disease and its impact
- Learn about the approach to treatment as a path to recovery
- Explore family roles that enable dysfunction and other self-defeating patterns of behavior
- Gain tools to rebuild relationships and develop new attitudes and directions
The 4-day Family Program runs every other week at the Hayes Lodge on Pavillon’s campus in Mill Spring, NC.
You will receive the Family Program invitation packet within 10 days of your loved one’s admission, containing the agenda, cost information, lodging details and maps. For more information, please contact us at 828-694-2300, ext. 182.
If you have any questions about the Family Program, would like to register for the Family Program, or need to make reservations for the Hayes Lodge, please contact our Family Program Coordinator at 828-694-2300, ext. 182.
(Full refunds are issued if cancellation is received at least 24 hours in advance of check-in time. The cost of one night’s lodging will be withheld for cancellations made with less than a 24-hour notice.)
Airline: Reservations should be made to Asheville, NC Regional Airport (AVL) or Greenville/Spartanburg, SC (GSP).
Train: Take Amtrak’s Crescent Line to Spartanburg, SC
Bus: Nearby stations are in Hendersonville, NC or Spartanburg, SC
For more information, please call our Family Program Coordinator at 828-694-2300, ext. 182.